Written by Vasiliki A. Ntavlourou BVM, GPCert(ExAP),MRCVS.
EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR DESIGN.
Spacious Veranda for welcoming our "larger" four-legged friends! This is our outdoors waiting area during the hot summer days! This space is also used for the gait examination of our orthopedic cases, as well as the everyday walk and relaxation of our hospitalized patients.
ENTRANCE RENOVATIONS - AUGUST 2015!
Two double and one triple couch. Water fountain for our little patients and heavy duty scales.
Waterfall reception desk and............a taste of exotic atmosphere with beautiful Latin music!
WAITING ROOM RENOVATIONS - APRIL 2013.
OUR PRACTICE FLOOR WAS COVERED WITH SPECIAL VINYL ANTI-SLIP FLOORING-JULY 2010.
All of our spaces were covered with vinyl anti-slip flooring in order to ensure the safe walking of our patients.
The works lasted for 4 days and the whole practice equipment was moved out of the building in order to change the floors. It was a very difficult and challenging project but the result was worth it! The change of our practice floor was absolutely necessary as the old floor was too slippery. This new floor is safe and easy to keep clean and hygienic.
Our consulting room is equipped with:
- Electric based examination table/weighing scales. Our patients can step on the table on their own as the height of the table can go as low as 30cm from the floor.
- Complete equipment for the examination of eyes and ears.
- Electronic Microscope equipped with internal camera that connects to PC in order to transfer the images. Owners can see our microscopic findings on the computer screen and that helps us explain our diagnosis better.
CONSULTING ROOM RENOVATIONS-MAY 2015!
OLD CONSULTING ROOM.
- Separate theatre room.
- Isoflurane anaesthetic machine and complete surgical equipement.
- Surgical light.
- 2 Oxygen cylinders.
- Electric based surgical table and heating pads.
- X-ray machine. Our x-raying procedures are protected by the use of specially designed lead wall and all the appropriate lead equipement.
- Complete dental equipement.
- Anaesthetic chamber for the anaesthesia of rabbits and other exotic species.
THEATRE RENOVATIONS- MAY 2015!
This area is equipped with:
- Second anaesthetic machine.
- Examination table for the preparation of our surgical cases and the premedication of our patients.
- 3rd oxygen cylinder.
- Nebulizer for the inhalational treatment of special cases and exotic species.
- Ultrasound bath for the cleaning of our surgical instruments.
- Autoclave for the sterilization of our surgical instruments.
- VET-TEST AND LASER-CYTE Biochemical and Hematology analyzers. (Our practice is equipped with the latest and most advanced IDEXX blood machines).
For more specialized blood tests for the diagnosis of diseases such as Leishmaniosis, Dirofilariosis and Erlichiosis (all exotic and endemic diseases) and others, we use external local laboratory services. For the Histologic analysis of samples taken via surgical procedures we use external laboratory based in the UK.
Our hospitalization area is at the back of our main building and consists of 4 kennels for the hospitalization of our inpatients. There is also a terrarium for hospitalization of reptile inpatients.
NEW KENNELS-AUGUST 2010!!!!
Purpose built, spacious and comfortable kennels. Each kennel has autonomic lighting, inox door kennels, tile covered walls and anti-slip flooring. We practice a very strict disinfecting and infectious control policy.
KENNELS EXTENSION -JUNE 2011!!!!
Our hospitalization area is gradually getting bigger and better. The start of extending our main building was made by acquiring a new building that stands nextdoor to the original practice building. Our future plans include: special recovery area for the anaesthetized patients, resting staff area, more kennel rooms and isolation area for animals carrying contagious diseases and second larger theatre.
KENNELS RENOVATIONS AND NEW BUILDING EXTENSION-DECEMBER 2014!
The backyard of our new extended building was created for the relaxation of our little patients as well as .....ours! This is the exterior space of our new building since 2010 that we turned into a little "oasis" with a lot of hard work and effort! In this space our hospitalized patients can walk and relax during their hospitalization time and of course this is the home of our pets - Patripodos, Kalamaris and........Head nurse "SOSONI"! This is the area where we can enjoy time with our great loves: animals and flowers!!!!
This is also the space we use in order to host events such as LOCAL SCHOOL VISITS, when we take the opportunity to help and educate young students over animal welfare and pet owners responsibilities and hopefully encourage our young students to follow the path of the most beautiful science of all: VETERINARY!
This is the space we use for the bath of our hospitalized patients. In our practice, we do not offer grooming services. For this purpose we recommend local specialized businesses.
ANIMALS' BATHROOM RENOVATIONS - APRIL 2013
OLD ANIMAL'S BATHROOM
DARK ROOM FOR DEVELOPING X-RAYS
Our equipment is under constant service and renewal with special care taken over the service of our anaesthetic machines. Our practice is equipped with 3 oxygen cylinders.